Ready to set yourself free from your eating disorder, but can’t travel to a retreat? Join Cat Kabira November 15-30, 2020 via Zoom in her first Power of Pleasure Yoga For Eating Disorders Online Training!
When: 9 Sundays, November 15th, 2020 – January 10th, 2021
Where: Cat Kabira’s Zoom Room
Investment (USD): $1599
*9 weeks of weekly 2.5 hour Live Group Classes with Personalized Private Support and Healing Sessions
- 8 weekly private healing and mentoring sessions with Cat each week during the course for additional personalised support
- Weekly homework, meditations, and journaling exercises
- Private Facebook Group Page
- Special bonus! By signing up for this course you’ll receive on November 15th Cat’s e-book “Set Yourself Free: Healing Fundamentals for Eating Disorders”
Application required. All levels welcome. No 200 hour teacher training certificate necessary.
10 am-12.30 pm (UK 9-11.30 am)
- Your private weekly session will be scheduled directly with Cat.
Please calculate your time slot accordingly. Need help with that?
Connection and support essential in my so I keep my group size intimate. Space open to 10 students max (in each timezone session group); priority goes to those who can attend live. We’re filling quickly, so get your spot! The preference is that you can attend all of our practices together online – especially since we’re doing energy work together online. You’ll receive the recordings of our class afterwards so you can re-use these practices and dive deeper.
What you’ll need:
Quiet space, able to use Zoom, time to process afterwards Commitment, willingness. A Journal. Blankets, pillows, some space to move around in and lie down, anything that keeps you comfy and cosy.
This is your time to come home to you.
You will be seen and heard as we begin to unravel what these disorders are really about. Maybe you’re still anorexic and bulimic or you overeat, maybe you used to be this way, but you know the patterns are there and it’s easy to relapse. Maybe in the eyes of others you’re recovered but joy, pleasure, and acceptance of your body isn’t yet there.
Through this Yoga For Eating Disorders Online Training, specifically created for those who are still struggling, you’ll gain an understanding of:
- Where your disorders come from
- How to work with your triggers
- Practical techniques to support your healing
- How to Healthily Meet your own feelings (including shame, freeze, and overwhelm, fear, anxiety, rage)
- The emotional and energetic work to help you heal
- How our emotions influence our digestion.
- How to work with past traumas as you gain stability
- How to Own your pleasure – and why pleasure is so essential
- Wanting to exist on this planet and take up space
- Understand where you might relapse and how to support yourself
- Owning your own power
- Our wiring as “the good girl” for women and owning our true femininity
- The relationship between sexuality and eating disorders
- Your unique sensitivity and how to work with it
- That your eating disorder is more than an eating disorder, it’s your own wake-up call in your life
- To know everything as Source, the Divine, and feel your connection to it.
- Why you may “regress.”
- What true health is for you.
- To make your life go beyond food and body control and shaming
- How intelligent your own system is and how it will speak to you.
- To feel truly safe, loveable and live your life as you are.
Primarily our work will be energetic and emotional work, meditation practices, journaling and support for you to come home to yourself. This training will be deep and intense at times so it’s important that you have the space that you need to process as well.
I can’t wait for the magic of who you are to fully ignite in you!
Why Yoga For Eating Disorders?
One of the greatest neuroses most of us carry is that something’s not right with us, that we aren’t enough, that we need to make changes and constantly work to improve. That there’s something to hide. Instead of continually exhausting ourselves, there’s a power in resting with ourselves.
The kind of effort required in healing isn’t to keep trying to be something you’re not, it’s learning how to settle back into yourself and discover the gold that you already are. The distortion that we carry is that we are broken, when in fact we’ve been whole all along.
My primary reason for running this training is that more of us struggle with food and our body image than we’d like to admit. We feel pressure in social media and even more pressure from our own inner voices.
Eating disorders aren’t about food and the body, while they are everything about food and the body. It’s also our saying, “I’m not comfortable, I don’t want to be here,” or “I’m scared,” or “I don’t feel like I’m allowed to be myself,” or “I hate myself,” or “I have so many feelings that I don’t know how to handle and I’d rather numb out.”
There are more voices to name.
Our greatest embodiment wants to happen
– that huge life Source wants to run through the totality of our being – and without realizing it, our pain we’re not sure how to yet handle, is blocking it.
Now more than ever is the time for you to own your light, to own your LIFE.
I’ll admit I never thought I’d be healthy. I never thought I’d love my body. I never thought I could enjoy my life.
There’s a Tibetan Practice of Dancing with Your Demons and through the dance, you discover the gifts you were always looking for.
This is your space to get intimate with what works for you. This gets to be your own dance.
This Yoga For Eating Disorders Online Training comes from my heart to those who:
- Have ever struggled with food, with body image, with identity, with being seen.
- Feel unsafe in this world
- Feel like they carry a dirty little secret or have remnants of their struggle.
- Has had a hard time being here in their body or in life in general.
- Has had a hard time grounding or relating to others.
- Struggle with dominating fears that keep us stuck in our own little prison, unsure of how to get out.
Why pleasure? Why is it so healing?
As someone who was struggling with anorexia, bulimia, and overeating, I didn’t know what pleasure was, denied myself pleasure in food, in life, in fun, and in relationships. Essentially everywhere. I was scared of pleasure, I only knew the pleasure that somehow had negative consequences. It was like I wasn’t allowed to have pleasure.
The game-changer I discovered is that pleasure (or we could call it delight), is what makes me ground, pleasure is what makes me want to be here; that what gives me pleasure is uniquely my own – and I get to keep discovering what that is for me and you get to discover yours for you.
Now I build my life around pleasure. And I’m not talking epic Instagram moments; I’m talking the small things that catch me: the simple things like good smells or how much I love what I do. There is so much pleasure in simply being.
We can spend all this time “working on ourselves” and what if there was nothing to work on? What if we just need to come home to ourselves? In these 10 days you will get to discover what pleasure actually means for you. That it’s even there when things fall apart. That it’s a power that holds you and carries you and it’s the magic you build your life on. It’s what you say yes to, from the light of your soul.
As someone who has recovered from eating disorders, I know firsthand:
- the fear that dominates;
- the struggle that seems to never end;
- navigating the desire to heal along with the fear of: who am I if I am healed ?
- the fear of my body changing
- how overwhelming it can even get to be intimate with one self;
- the fear of my own power and intimacy with others;
- the fear of surrender
- what it’s like to finally trust.
I created this Yoga For Eating Disorders Online Training because I know what we first choose to use as freedom can end up being just another prison. I found that my spiritual practices went from something that seemed to open up a new world yet those possibilities also turned into a restrictive way I had to be. We are so skilful, in how our past or current history as gymnasts, dancers, overachievers and perfectionists can still keep us rigid. That old pain and trauma, especially sexual trauma, can echo in our system; we want to get it out yet we don’t know how. While sometimes there seems to be a greater force that controls us, it’s time to find the force within us that can set us free.
So if you’re ready for your freedom, if you’re ready for your power and if you’re ready to live life – join this Yoga for Eating Disorders Training: Your commitment that will open up the world to you in a more expansive way and you get to come home to yourself again.
I know I can help you if you’re struggling – and if you’re ready to heal.
Having walked through both the dark and the light paths, I know now where there’s ease and a way. I know how to name what’s happening and how to hold space for you to embark on your journey towards recovery. Each of our recovery paths will be unique and this is your time to find your way and I would be honored to be your guide.